E-books by major post-WWII author Irwin Shaw out
NEW YORK (AP) - Some of Irwin Shaw's most celebrated works of fiction, including "The Young Lions" and "Rich Man, Poor Man," are coming out as e-books.
Open Road Integrated Media, a digital publisher, announced that five Shaw e-books were released Tuesday, a day ahead of the author's centennial. Shaw, one of the major writers to emerge after World War II, was born Feb. 27, 1913. He died in 1984.
Open Road will release six more Shaw books in April, including "Acceptable Losses" and "The Troubled Air."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.