Miguel Montero to miss second straight game with thumb injury
On Monday Montero was a late scratch from the team's lineup against the Royals in Surprise. Early reports were that Montero was dealing with a splinter in his thumb, but on Tuesday said he's not sure why his thumb swelled. The trainers cut it open and there was no splinter, just some puss.
Manager Kirk Gibson confirmed to reporters Tuesday that Montero would be missing another day, but thinks the catcher should be ready to play on Wednesday.
"It is still a little swollen. Hoping he can play tomorrow," he said. "It's much better but it looked like it was getting infected [Monday] so they've been treating it for that and it seems to be getting calmed down."
Montero had his thumb wrapped again Tuesday but was also eyeing Wednesday for a return to the lineup.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.