Updated Feb 26, 2013 - 1:24 pm
Miguel Montero to miss second straight game with thumb injury
On Monday Montero was a late scratch from the team's lineup against the Royals in Surprise. Early reports were that Montero was dealing with a splinter in his thumb, but on Tuesday said he's not sure why his thumb swelled. The trainers cut it open and there was no splinter, just some puss.
Manager Kirk Gibson confirmed to reporters Tuesday that Montero would be missing another day, but thinks the catcher should be ready to play on Wednesday.
"It is still a little swollen. Hoping he can play tomorrow," he said. "It's much better but it looked like it was getting infected [Monday] so they've been treating it for that and it seems to be getting calmed down."
Montero had his thumb wrapped again Tuesday but was also eyeing Wednesday for a return to the lineup.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.