McCarthy, Colon match efforts in 2-2 tie
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Arizona's Brandon McCarthy and Oakland's Bartolo Colon each gave up a pair of runs in four innings, their longest outings of the spring, in the Diamondbacks' 2-2 tie with the Oakland Athletics on Friday.
McCarthy, facing his former Oakland teammates for the first time, gave up three hits, struck out six and walked two. Both of Oakland's runs came in the fourth.
Colon, who has five games left on his 50-game suspension for his substance abuse violation, gave up both runs in the first then settled down, scattering six hits, striking out three and hitting a batter.
Gerardo Parra and Paul Goldschmidt each had an RBI single for Arizona. Seth Smith and John Jaso had consecutive RBI doubles for Oakland.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer