Pittsburgh theater fires founder, but show goes on
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre has fired its founder and artistic director.
Andrew Paul founded the nonprofit theater company 17 years ago. He says the board of directors fired him Tuesday without warning.
For the last two years Paul has split his time between Pittsburgh and Las Vegas, after his wife got a job there.
Board chairman Eugene O'Sullivan says the theater decided it needed to have a full-time artistic director in Pittsburgh.
Paul says he prides himself on a passionate and "very high-risk vision" that has drawn critical acclaim.
O'Sullivan says Paul was a terrific leader but the season's shows will go on. The first play, "Our Class," is scheduled to open April 10.
Actor-director Alan Stanford has been named interim leader of the company.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.