Jonah Lehrer has deal for new book
NEW YORK (AP) - Jonah Lehrer, the best-selling author who has acknowledged using fake quotes and had two books pulled, has reached agreement on a new book.
Simon & Schuster announced Thursday that it will publish a book by Lehrer with the working title "The Book of Love." No publication date has been set.
Lehrer, 31, had written three previous books for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, but one of them, "Imagine," was withdrawn last year after he acknowledged inventing and distorting Bob Dylan quotes. Houghton later announced it would no longer sell "How We Decide," citing "significant" problems.
Lehrer, who also resigned from The New Yorker last year, had been a popular writer and speaker specializing in the life of the mind and the interplay between science and the arts. Before leaving The New Yorker, Lehrer had been reprimanded by the magazine for recycling material he wrote for other publications.
Simon & Schuster publisher and president Jonathan Karp said Thursday that Lehrer's new book would be a "meditation on and exploration of love through different prisms- psychological, scientific, historical, literary. "
"We acquired it because we believe Jonah Lehrer is an unusually talented writer with a distinctive approach to a subject with enormous appeal," Karp said. "In fact, it's arguably the subject with the greatest appeal in history."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.