Updated Mar 4, 2013 - 9:03 am
D-backs starter Josh Collmenter struggles in loss to Giants
Adam Eaton, William Bloomquist and Jon Giffin each had a RBI. AJ Pollock was 2-for-3 with a triple. Cliff Pennington and John McDonald each had two hits.
In his first game against his former team, Cody Ross struck out in his only at-bat before leaving the game with left calf soreness.
The D-backs return to action Monday at Salt River Fields when they host the Reds. Brandon McCarthy will make his second start of the spring. Also scheduled to pitch tomorrow are Starling Peralta and Tony Sipp.
Members of Team USA will also be working out at Salt River Fields Monday, as they get ready for the World Baseball Classic. D-backs on the team include Willie Bloomquist, Heath Bell and David Hernandez.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- The Yoke of Leadership
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?