Updated Mar 4, 2013 - 9:03 am
D-backs starter Josh Collmenter struggles in loss to Giants
Adam Eaton, William Bloomquist and Jon Giffin each had a RBI. AJ Pollock was 2-for-3 with a triple. Cliff Pennington and John McDonald each had two hits.
In his first game against his former team, Cody Ross struck out in his only at-bat before leaving the game with left calf soreness.
The D-backs return to action Monday at Salt River Fields when they host the Reds. Brandon McCarthy will make his second start of the spring. Also scheduled to pitch tomorrow are Starling Peralta and Tony Sipp.
Members of Team USA will also be working out at Salt River Fields Monday, as they get ready for the World Baseball Classic. D-backs on the team include Willie Bloomquist, Heath Bell and David Hernandez.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.