Sarah Jessica Parker aboard Amanda Peet's play
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Amanda Peet has managed to lure Sarah Jessica Parker and Blythe Danner to share a stage again with her first play.
The Manhattan Theater Club said Monday it will stage the world premiere of Peet's "The Commons of Pensacola" this fall at New York City Center. Lynne Meadow will direct.
Producers said the play "is an incisive and funny new play about trying to love your family even when you hate what they've done." Previews begin Oct. 22 with an opening on Nov. 21.
Danner and Parker will reunite onstage, having previously starred together in MTC's 1995 production "Sylvia" by A.R. Gurney. Peet, known for roles in "Saving Silverman" and on TV's "The Good Wife," will be making her professional playwriting debut.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.