Sarah Jessica Parker aboard Amanda Peet's play
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Amanda Peet has managed to lure Sarah Jessica Parker and Blythe Danner to share a stage again with her first play.
The Manhattan Theater Club said Monday it will stage the world premiere of Peet's "The Commons of Pensacola" this fall at New York City Center. Lynne Meadow will direct.
Producers said the play "is an incisive and funny new play about trying to love your family even when you hate what they've done." Previews begin Oct. 22 with an opening on Nov. 21.
Danner and Parker will reunite onstage, having previously starred together in MTC's 1995 production "Sylvia" by A.R. Gurney. Peet, known for roles in "Saving Silverman" and on TV's "The Good Wife," will be making her professional playwriting debut.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.