Sarah Jessica Parker aboard Amanda Peet's play
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Amanda Peet has managed to lure Sarah Jessica Parker and Blythe Danner to share a stage again with her first play.
The Manhattan Theater Club said Monday it will stage the world premiere of Peet's "The Commons of Pensacola" this fall at New York City Center. Lynne Meadow will direct.
Producers said the play "is an incisive and funny new play about trying to love your family even when you hate what they've done." Previews begin Oct. 22 with an opening on Nov. 21.
Danner and Parker will reunite onstage, having previously starred together in MTC's 1995 production "Sylvia" by A.R. Gurney. Peet, known for roles in "Saving Silverman" and on TV's "The Good Wife," will be making her professional playwriting debut.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?