Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition headed to London
LONDON (AP) - Nautical sailor tops and Madonna's conical bra are coming to London next year in an exhibition of the work of fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
"The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier" will open at the Barbican Centre in April 2014.
It features more than 140 outfits by the cutting-edge French couturier, including the bra-and-corset costume from Madonna's 1990 Blonde Ambition tour and outfits for singers Kylie Minogue and Bjork. There are also pieces from Gaultier's couture collections, which often feature sailor stripes.
The show comes from the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and is currently running at Rotterdam's Kunsthal gallery.
Gaultier said Wednesday that London held a special place in his heart, because "the English were the first ones to come to my shows and appreciate my fashion."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.