Derrick Hall plans on being with D-backs for the long haul
Having done an excellent job rebuilding and re-branding Arizona, some think he would be a good fit as the league's next commissioner.
But if that is indeed in Hall's future, he's not actively pursuing it.
"I don't plan on going anywhere," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I'm home, we love it here, and I want to be in this job for the next 25, 30 years."
Hall said if he was "ever honored" to be in the conversation for a promotion like that he would address it then, but maintained there "are no plans" to go that route.
Hall has been with the Diamondbacks since May of 2005, when he joined the organization as senior vice president, communications. He's served the role as president since September 2006.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer