Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Derrick Hall plans on being with D-backs for the long haul
Having done an excellent job rebuilding and re-branding Arizona, some think he would be a good fit as the league's next commissioner.
But if that is indeed in Hall's future, he's not actively pursuing it.
"I don't plan on going anywhere," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I'm home, we love it here, and I want to be in this job for the next 25, 30 years."
Hall said if he was "ever honored" to be in the conversation for a promotion like that he would address it then, but maintained there "are no plans" to go that route.
Hall has been with the Diamondbacks since May of 2005, when he joined the organization as senior vice president, communications. He's served the role as president since September 2006.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.