Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Derrick Hall plans on being with D-backs for the long haul
Having done an excellent job rebuilding and re-branding Arizona, some think he would be a good fit as the league's next commissioner.
But if that is indeed in Hall's future, he's not actively pursuing it.
"I don't plan on going anywhere," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I'm home, we love it here, and I want to be in this job for the next 25, 30 years."
Hall said if he was "ever honored" to be in the conversation for a promotion like that he would address it then, but maintained there "are no plans" to go that route.
Hall has been with the Diamondbacks since May of 2005, when he joined the organization as senior vice president, communications. He's served the role as president since September 2006.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.