Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 6:00 pm
Wade Miley will miss Tuesday's start due to a 'tired arm'
Gibson announced that Miley will miss his Tuesday start against the Rockies due to a "tired arm."
"We're trying to stay on target for Opening Day," Gibson said of the decision. "I think that's kind of why we did it. Right now is a good time to do that."
Gibson added that the issue is not expected to be serious.
Miley, who finished second in National League Rookie of the Year voting in 2012, is 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two spring starts.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.