Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 6:00 pm
Wade Miley will miss Tuesday's start due to a 'tired arm'
Gibson announced that Miley will miss his Tuesday start against the Rockies due to a "tired arm."
"We're trying to stay on target for Opening Day," Gibson said of the decision. "I think that's kind of why we did it. Right now is a good time to do that."
Gibson added that the issue is not expected to be serious.
Miley, who finished second in National League Rookie of the Year voting in 2012, is 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two spring starts.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.