Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:17 pm
Corbin strong in D-backs' win over Mariners
He did not hurt his chances with a four-inning performance Tuesday afternoon against the Seattle Mariners in front of 7,015 fans at the Peoria Sports Complex.
"I wasn't really tired at all, felt like I could've went a couple of more actually," he said of his longest outing of the spring thus far.
The Diamondbacks beat the Mariners, 5-4, ending a two-game losing streak.
Corbin, who earned the win and improved his spring record to 2-0, allowed one run on four hits. He struck out a pair and did not issue a walk while throwing 57 pitches, 38 for strikes.
He has a 4.50 ERA (5 ER in 10 IP) in four appearances, including two starts.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks got home runs from both Eric Hinske and Mark Teahen, each hitting their first of the Cactus League. Teahen went the other way on his three-run shot, putting the ball on the lawn in left field.
Paul Goldschmidt added an RBI single. He has hit safely in 11 straight games (.406, 13-for-32) with seven walks.
He said it
"The three of us are all going out there, fighting for it," Corbin said of battling Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado for the fifth spot in the starting rotation. "You got to go out there and just pitch your game. I feel like that's what I've been doing; just going to go out there and show them what I did last year."
Coming up next
The Diamondbacks (7-9-1) host the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday, March 14. The game at Salt River Fields will start at 7:10. It's the D-backs' second Cactus League night game. Those scheduled to pitch include Randall Delgado, Charles Brewer, JJ Putz, Garrett Mock and Zeke Spruill.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.