Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:17 pm
Corbin strong in D-backs' win over Mariners
He did not hurt his chances with a four-inning performance Tuesday afternoon against the Seattle Mariners in front of 7,015 fans at the Peoria Sports Complex.
"I wasn't really tired at all, felt like I could've went a couple of more actually," he said of his longest outing of the spring thus far.
The Diamondbacks beat the Mariners, 5-4, ending a two-game losing streak.
Corbin, who earned the win and improved his spring record to 2-0, allowed one run on four hits. He struck out a pair and did not issue a walk while throwing 57 pitches, 38 for strikes.
He has a 4.50 ERA (5 ER in 10 IP) in four appearances, including two starts.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks got home runs from both Eric Hinske and Mark Teahen, each hitting their first of the Cactus League. Teahen went the other way on his three-run shot, putting the ball on the lawn in left field.
Paul Goldschmidt added an RBI single. He has hit safely in 11 straight games (.406, 13-for-32) with seven walks.
He said it
"The three of us are all going out there, fighting for it," Corbin said of battling Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado for the fifth spot in the starting rotation. "You got to go out there and just pitch your game. I feel like that's what I've been doing; just going to go out there and show them what I did last year."
Coming up next
The Diamondbacks (7-9-1) host the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday, March 14. The game at Salt River Fields will start at 7:10. It's the D-backs' second Cactus League night game. Those scheduled to pitch include Randall Delgado, Charles Brewer, JJ Putz, Garrett Mock and Zeke Spruill.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?