Corbin strong in D-backs' win over Mariners
He did not hurt his chances with a four-inning performance Tuesday afternoon against the Seattle Mariners in front of 7,015 fans at the Peoria Sports Complex.
"I wasn't really tired at all, felt like I could've went a couple of more actually," he said of his longest outing of the spring thus far.
The Diamondbacks beat the Mariners, 5-4, ending a two-game losing streak.
Corbin, who earned the win and improved his spring record to 2-0, allowed one run on four hits. He struck out a pair and did not issue a walk while throwing 57 pitches, 38 for strikes.
He has a 4.50 ERA (5 ER in 10 IP) in four appearances, including two starts.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks got home runs from both Eric Hinske and Mark Teahen, each hitting their first of the Cactus League. Teahen went the other way on his three-run shot, putting the ball on the lawn in left field.
Paul Goldschmidt added an RBI single. He has hit safely in 11 straight games (.406, 13-for-32) with seven walks.
He said it
"The three of us are all going out there, fighting for it," Corbin said of battling Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado for the fifth spot in the starting rotation. "You got to go out there and just pitch your game. I feel like that's what I've been doing; just going to go out there and show them what I did last year."
Coming up next
The Diamondbacks (7-9-1) host the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday, March 14. The game at Salt River Fields will start at 7:10. It's the D-backs' second Cactus League night game. Those scheduled to pitch include Randall Delgado, Charles Brewer, JJ Putz, Garrett Mock and Zeke Spruill.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?