Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:17 pm
Corbin strong in D-backs' win over Mariners
He did not hurt his chances with a four-inning performance Tuesday afternoon against the Seattle Mariners in front of 7,015 fans at the Peoria Sports Complex.
"I wasn't really tired at all, felt like I could've went a couple of more actually," he said of his longest outing of the spring thus far.
The Diamondbacks beat the Mariners, 5-4, ending a two-game losing streak.
Corbin, who earned the win and improved his spring record to 2-0, allowed one run on four hits. He struck out a pair and did not issue a walk while throwing 57 pitches, 38 for strikes.
He has a 4.50 ERA (5 ER in 10 IP) in four appearances, including two starts.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks got home runs from both Eric Hinske and Mark Teahen, each hitting their first of the Cactus League. Teahen went the other way on his three-run shot, putting the ball on the lawn in left field.
Paul Goldschmidt added an RBI single. He has hit safely in 11 straight games (.406, 13-for-32) with seven walks.
He said it
"The three of us are all going out there, fighting for it," Corbin said of battling Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado for the fifth spot in the starting rotation. "You got to go out there and just pitch your game. I feel like that's what I've been doing; just going to go out there and show them what I did last year."
Coming up next
The Diamondbacks (7-9-1) host the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday, March 14. The game at Salt River Fields will start at 7:10. It's the D-backs' second Cactus League night game. Those scheduled to pitch include Randall Delgado, Charles Brewer, JJ Putz, Garrett Mock and Zeke Spruill.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.