Argentine publisher reissues book on Pope Francis
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The naming of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as Pope Francis has inspired the enthusiasm not only of many Roman Catholics, but also of a publisher planning to re-launch a book about him by his official biographer, Sergio Rubin.
"The Jesuit. Conversations with Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio" will be reissued Tuesday as "The Jesuit. The story of Francisco, The Argentine Pope," said Maria Estomba, a spokeswoman for the Argentine branch of the Spanish publishing house Ediciones B.
Ediciones B now owns the Latin American publishing group Vergara, which in 2010 issued the original Spanish-language book.
The book is based on two years of conversations Rubin and a fellow journalist, Francesca Ambroguetti, held with then-Cardinal Bergoglio, but isn't strictly a biography, Estomba said.
The publishing house has plans in the future to translate the book into several other languages, she said.
In addition to being the subject of this and potentially numerous other books in the future, Bergoglio has authored several of his own, including "Corruption and Sin," and "On Heaven and Earth," co-written with Rabbi Abraham Skorka. He also edited "Dialogues between John Paul II and Fidel Castro," written by Pope John Paul II.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.