Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:22 pm
D-backs set single-game attendance record at Salt River Fields in win over Dodgers
The team announced that 12,809 fans came through the turnstiles at Salt River Fields Sunday setting a single-game record in the stadium's brief three-year history. The previous record was 12,799 set last year on March 31 vs. the Dodgers.
"Once again, we're seeing incredible crowds at Salt River Fields and we expect it will carry over to Chase Field," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall in a press release. "Arizona is the center of the baseball world and there is a lot of excitement surrounding the team right now."
Sunday's sellout marked the seventh time in 12 games this spring the team has played in front of a packed house at Salt River Fields.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.