Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:22 pm
D-backs set single-game attendance record at Salt River Fields in win over Dodgers
The team announced that 12,809 fans came through the turnstiles at Salt River Fields Sunday setting a single-game record in the stadium's brief three-year history. The previous record was 12,799 set last year on March 31 vs. the Dodgers.
"Once again, we're seeing incredible crowds at Salt River Fields and we expect it will carry over to Chase Field," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall in a press release. "Arizona is the center of the baseball world and there is a lot of excitement surrounding the team right now."
Sunday's sellout marked the seventh time in 12 games this spring the team has played in front of a packed house at Salt River Fields.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.