Gergiev fund embezzlement case postponed
MOSCOW (AP) - A court in Moscow has postponed initial hearings in the case of two men charged with embezzling 245 million rubles ($8 million) from the charitable foundation of renowned conductor Valery Gergiev.
The foundation's former director Igor Zotov and his alleged accomplice Kazbek Lakuti are charged with siphoning off the money to buy six apartments in an elite building in Moscow.
Moscow's Tverskoi Court was to begin hearings in the case on Monday, but postponed them for procedural reasons until April 4.
Gergiev, who is artistic director of the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg and principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra, started the foundation in 2003 to fund cultural and educational projects.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.