Gergiev fund embezzlement case postponed
MOSCOW (AP) - A court in Moscow has postponed initial hearings in the case of two men charged with embezzling 245 million rubles ($8 million) from the charitable foundation of renowned conductor Valery Gergiev.
The foundation's former director Igor Zotov and his alleged accomplice Kazbek Lakuti are charged with siphoning off the money to buy six apartments in an elite building in Moscow.
Moscow's Tverskoi Court was to begin hearings in the case on Monday, but postponed them for procedural reasons until April 4.
Gergiev, who is artistic director of the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg and principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra, started the foundation in 2003 to fund cultural and educational projects.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.