Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Wade Miley felt good after intrasquad outing
"I felt good," Miley said of his outing. "It was good to get back out there and kind of have some success. I threw strikes and the ball was coming out good, so I'm happy."
After being scratched Tuesday Miley said his arm was feeling a little tight and he was experiencing a bit of "dead arm," but felt it was nothing to be concerned about.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said the decision to shut Miley down was an easy one at this point.
"I just think where we are in spring training we made the decision to back him down and it was either let him throw and hope it goes away or back him off and have him miss a start and try and freshen his arm. He really only didn't throw for maybe two or three days."
Gibson also said Miley wanted to push ahead, but both agreed that he looked and felt better Monday after some time off.
"I didn't see what the radar said but I could tell his arm was quicker," said Gibson. "It was just coming out better and it was free and easy and did what he wanted to do. I think it was a good day for him."
Reports were that Miley was hitting 93 mph on the radar gun compared to 83 mph last Sunday.
"Yeah it helped out a lot I guess," Miley said about his short time off. "It did feel a lot better and I was able to locate. It felt good."
Miley said he'll be ready to go when the season starts and Gibson seemed to think he should be able to get up to 100 pitches in spring, barring any additional setbacks.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.