Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 1:41 pm
D-backs OF Cody Ross is making progress with injury
"He hit on the back field. He did the treadmill yesterday, unloaded 50%, so we're just kind of progressing but he's feeling much better now," said D-backs manager Kirk Gibson on Tuesday morning.
Gibson is referring to a special Ultra G Treadmill the D-backs training staff uses. The player runs while in a harness, allowing them to remove some of their body weight and run without being 100% weight bearing.
Things may be moving a little slower than they would've liked originally, although Gibson wouldn't say that.
"I think it's about where we said. I mean we knew it was going to be two weeks. It's kind of right on target."
The 32-year-old Ross has played in just four games this spring, recording only seven at-bats.
Gibson wasn't ready to say Ross won't be ready for opening day, but he knows the clock is ticking and would prefer that Ross get some more playing time during spring. The next move is to get him some at-bats on the back fields with live hitting, but he would not be allowed to run.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.