Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 1:41 pm
D-backs OF Cody Ross is making progress with injury
"He hit on the back field. He did the treadmill yesterday, unloaded 50%, so we're just kind of progressing but he's feeling much better now," said D-backs manager Kirk Gibson on Tuesday morning.
Gibson is referring to a special Ultra G Treadmill the D-backs training staff uses. The player runs while in a harness, allowing them to remove some of their body weight and run without being 100% weight bearing.
Things may be moving a little slower than they would've liked originally, although Gibson wouldn't say that.
"I think it's about where we said. I mean we knew it was going to be two weeks. It's kind of right on target."
The 32-year-old Ross has played in just four games this spring, recording only seven at-bats.
Gibson wasn't ready to say Ross won't be ready for opening day, but he knows the clock is ticking and would prefer that Ross get some more playing time during spring. The next move is to get him some at-bats on the back fields with live hitting, but he would not be allowed to run.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.