Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 1:41 pm
D-backs OF Cody Ross is making progress with injury
"He hit on the back field. He did the treadmill yesterday, unloaded 50%, so we're just kind of progressing but he's feeling much better now," said D-backs manager Kirk Gibson on Tuesday morning.
Gibson is referring to a special Ultra G Treadmill the D-backs training staff uses. The player runs while in a harness, allowing them to remove some of their body weight and run without being 100% weight bearing.
Things may be moving a little slower than they would've liked originally, although Gibson wouldn't say that.
"I think it's about where we said. I mean we knew it was going to be two weeks. It's kind of right on target."
The 32-year-old Ross has played in just four games this spring, recording only seven at-bats.
Gibson wasn't ready to say Ross won't be ready for opening day, but he knows the clock is ticking and would prefer that Ross get some more playing time during spring. The next move is to get him some at-bats on the back fields with live hitting, but he would not be allowed to run.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.