Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 1:41 pm
D-backs OF Cody Ross is making progress with injury
"He hit on the back field. He did the treadmill yesterday, unloaded 50%, so we're just kind of progressing but he's feeling much better now," said D-backs manager Kirk Gibson on Tuesday morning.
Gibson is referring to a special Ultra G Treadmill the D-backs training staff uses. The player runs while in a harness, allowing them to remove some of their body weight and run without being 100% weight bearing.
Things may be moving a little slower than they would've liked originally, although Gibson wouldn't say that.
"I think it's about where we said. I mean we knew it was going to be two weeks. It's kind of right on target."
The 32-year-old Ross has played in just four games this spring, recording only seven at-bats.
Gibson wasn't ready to say Ross won't be ready for opening day, but he knows the clock is ticking and would prefer that Ross get some more playing time during spring. The next move is to get him some at-bats on the back fields with live hitting, but he would not be allowed to run.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.