NYC's Met museum to open 7 days a week
NEW YORK (AP) - New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art will be open to the public 7 days a week starting July 1.
The museum is now closed on Mondays, except on holidays that fall on a Monday.
Also on July 1, the museum's opening time will be changed to 10 a.m., from the current 9:30 a.m.
The changes also apply to The Cloisters, the Met's museum of medieval art and architecture in Fort Tryon Park, in northern Manhattan.
The museum made the announcement on Thursday
Director Thomas Campbell says the decision was made to make the Met "accessible whenever visitors have the urge to experience this great museum."
The Met had a record 6.28 million visitors last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.