NYC's Met museum to open 7 days a week
NEW YORK (AP) - New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art will be open to the public 7 days a week starting July 1.
The museum is now closed on Mondays, except on holidays that fall on a Monday.
Also on July 1, the museum's opening time will be changed to 10 a.m., from the current 9:30 a.m.
The changes also apply to The Cloisters, the Met's museum of medieval art and architecture in Fort Tryon Park, in northern Manhattan.
The museum made the announcement on Thursday
Director Thomas Campbell says the decision was made to make the Met "accessible whenever visitors have the urge to experience this great museum."
The Met had a record 6.28 million visitors last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.