Prince William, Kate heading down under
LONDON (AP) - Palace officials say Prince William and his wife, Kate, will travel to New Zealand and Australia in the spring.
Kensington Palace said Thursday it is "anticipated" the young Prince George will accompany his parents, but that a final decision will be made "in due course."
The palace said the trip will take place in April 2014 and that William and Kate- known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge- were invited by the New Zealand and Australian governments.
It said further details on the exact dates and itinerary will come "in due course."
The Duchess of Cambridge hasn't visited either country. William last visited New Zealand and Australia in March 2011, shortly after an earthquake hit Christchurch and floods hit areas of Queensland and Victoria.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.