Review: `Ice Cold Kill' is hot thriller
(AP) - "Ice Cold Kill" (Minotaur), by Dana Haynes
Dana Haynes departs from his previous thrillers involving the aeronautics industry and takes on the alphabet agencies in "Ice Cold Kill," a surprising and intriguing page turner.
Daria Gibron, a minor character in both "Crashers" and "Breaking Point," takes center stage in this new novel. The former Shin-Bet agent now works as an interpreter, but when her old handler arranges to meet her at Grand Central Station in Manhattan, she drops everything to see him.
When she lands in New York, a coded message warns her of a trap. It turns out that her former handler has been murdered, and she's been linked to a much sought-after terrorist. She cleverly manipulates the situation to her advantage and puts her pursuers on the defensive.
Knowing that she's been burned, Gibron must use all her resources without help from her former allies. Shockingly, her best bet lies in teaming up with the terrorist to stop the real enemy. Together they learn the target on their backs is a distraction from the real operation that involves a deadly virus that's been genetically modified to kill select individuals.
Can they stop the plot in time?
The bullets fly and the action never stops in "Ice Cold Kill," Haynes' best book yet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.