Review: `Ice Cold Kill' is hot thriller
(AP) - "Ice Cold Kill" (Minotaur), by Dana Haynes
Dana Haynes departs from his previous thrillers involving the aeronautics industry and takes on the alphabet agencies in "Ice Cold Kill," a surprising and intriguing page turner.
Daria Gibron, a minor character in both "Crashers" and "Breaking Point," takes center stage in this new novel. The former Shin-Bet agent now works as an interpreter, but when her old handler arranges to meet her at Grand Central Station in Manhattan, she drops everything to see him.
When she lands in New York, a coded message warns her of a trap. It turns out that her former handler has been murdered, and she's been linked to a much sought-after terrorist. She cleverly manipulates the situation to her advantage and puts her pursuers on the defensive.
Knowing that she's been burned, Gibron must use all her resources without help from her former allies. Shockingly, her best bet lies in teaming up with the terrorist to stop the real enemy. Together they learn the target on their backs is a distraction from the real operation that involves a deadly virus that's been genetically modified to kill select individuals.
Can they stop the plot in time?
The bullets fly and the action never stops in "Ice Cold Kill," Haynes' best book yet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.