Review: `Ice Cold Kill' is hot thriller
(AP) - "Ice Cold Kill" (Minotaur), by Dana Haynes
Dana Haynes departs from his previous thrillers involving the aeronautics industry and takes on the alphabet agencies in "Ice Cold Kill," a surprising and intriguing page turner.
Daria Gibron, a minor character in both "Crashers" and "Breaking Point," takes center stage in this new novel. The former Shin-Bet agent now works as an interpreter, but when her old handler arranges to meet her at Grand Central Station in Manhattan, she drops everything to see him.
When she lands in New York, a coded message warns her of a trap. It turns out that her former handler has been murdered, and she's been linked to a much sought-after terrorist. She cleverly manipulates the situation to her advantage and puts her pursuers on the defensive.
Knowing that she's been burned, Gibron must use all her resources without help from her former allies. Shockingly, her best bet lies in teaming up with the terrorist to stop the real enemy. Together they learn the target on their backs is a distraction from the real operation that involves a deadly virus that's been genetically modified to kill select individuals.
Can they stop the plot in time?
The bullets fly and the action never stops in "Ice Cold Kill," Haynes' best book yet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.