'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards
LONDON (AP) - Former "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are both prize contenders for performances on the London stage.
Ex-boy wizard Radcliffe is a best-actor finalist at the WhatsOnStage awards for "The Cripple of Inishmaan." Grint, who played Ron Weasley, is nominated as newcomer of the year for his stage debut as a gangland flunky in "Mojo."
Other acting nominees announced Friday include Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, James McAvoy and Helen Mirren- for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in Peter Morgan's "The Audience."
"The Audience" is up for best new play, along with David Greig's "The Events," John Logan's "Peter and Alice," Rory Kinnear's "The Herd" and "Chimerica" by Lucy Kirkwood.
The awards, run by website whatsonstage.com, are decided by public vote. Winners will be announced Feb. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.