'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards
LONDON (AP) - Former "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are both prize contenders for performances on the London stage.
Ex-boy wizard Radcliffe is a best-actor finalist at the WhatsOnStage awards for "The Cripple of Inishmaan." Grint, who played Ron Weasley, is nominated as newcomer of the year for his stage debut as a gangland flunky in "Mojo."
Other acting nominees announced Friday include Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, James McAvoy and Helen Mirren- for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in Peter Morgan's "The Audience."
"The Audience" is up for best new play, along with David Greig's "The Events," John Logan's "Peter and Alice," Rory Kinnear's "The Herd" and "Chimerica" by Lucy Kirkwood.
The awards, run by website whatsonstage.com, are decided by public vote. Winners will be announced Feb. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.