'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards
LONDON (AP) - Former "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are both prize contenders for performances on the London stage.
Ex-boy wizard Radcliffe is a best-actor finalist at the WhatsOnStage awards for "The Cripple of Inishmaan." Grint, who played Ron Weasley, is nominated as newcomer of the year for his stage debut as a gangland flunky in "Mojo."
Other acting nominees announced Friday include Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, James McAvoy and Helen Mirren- for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in Peter Morgan's "The Audience."
"The Audience" is up for best new play, along with David Greig's "The Events," John Logan's "Peter and Alice," Rory Kinnear's "The Herd" and "Chimerica" by Lucy Kirkwood.
The awards, run by website whatsonstage.com, are decided by public vote. Winners will be announced Feb. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.