'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards
LONDON (AP) - Former "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are both prize contenders for performances on the London stage.
Ex-boy wizard Radcliffe is a best-actor finalist at the WhatsOnStage awards for "The Cripple of Inishmaan." Grint, who played Ron Weasley, is nominated as newcomer of the year for his stage debut as a gangland flunky in "Mojo."
Other acting nominees announced Friday include Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, James McAvoy and Helen Mirren- for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in Peter Morgan's "The Audience."
"The Audience" is up for best new play, along with David Greig's "The Events," John Logan's "Peter and Alice," Rory Kinnear's "The Herd" and "Chimerica" by Lucy Kirkwood.
The awards, run by website whatsonstage.com, are decided by public vote. Winners will be announced Feb. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.