'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards
LONDON (AP) - Former "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are both prize contenders for performances on the London stage.
Ex-boy wizard Radcliffe is a best-actor finalist at the WhatsOnStage awards for "The Cripple of Inishmaan." Grint, who played Ron Weasley, is nominated as newcomer of the year for his stage debut as a gangland flunky in "Mojo."
Other acting nominees announced Friday include Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, James McAvoy and Helen Mirren- for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in Peter Morgan's "The Audience."
"The Audience" is up for best new play, along with David Greig's "The Events," John Logan's "Peter and Alice," Rory Kinnear's "The Herd" and "Chimerica" by Lucy Kirkwood.
The awards, run by website whatsonstage.com, are decided by public vote. Winners will be announced Feb. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.