Arizona options LHP Paterson, OF Campana to Reno
PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned left-hander Joe Paterson and outfielder Tony Campana to Triple-A Reno.
The move with Paterson on Friday night means that Tony Sipp and Matt Reynolds will be the team's left-handers out of the bullpen.
Campana was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in the offseason.
The team also reassigned right-hander Nelson Figueroa, who starred for Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic, to its minor league camp. Catcher Tuffy Gosewisch also was reassigned to minor league camp.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.