UK's Tate plans Matisse, Turner shows in 2014
LONDON (AP) - London's Tate Modern says it will stage the largest-ever exhibition of late works by Henri Matisse next year.
"Henri Matisse: the Cut-Outs" will be devoted to the colorful paper compositions the French artist created late in his career. The 120 works on show will include the 33 foot-long (10 meter-long) "Large Composition With Masks," loaned by the National Gallery of Art in Washington.
The London gallery also will mount retrospectives of the work of American pop artist Richard Hamilton, Russian abstract pioneer Kazimir Malevich and German painter and photographer Sigmar Polke.
Other 2014 exhibitions announced Friday by the Tate group of galleries include one devoted to British landscape master J.M.W. Turner at Tate Britain, and an exhibition of work by Dutch abstract artist Piet Mondrian at Tate Liverpool.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.