Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 12:10 am
Tyler Skaggs impresses in 2013 debut with the Aces
In his first start of the season for the Aces Sunday, Skaggs pitched six scoreless innings, while giving up four hits and striking out four. The Aces went on to win easily 14-1 over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.
Entering spring training, Skaggs was in contention for the D-backs' No. 5 spot in the rotation, along with Patrick Corbin and Randall Delgado. In four spring appearances, Skaggs gave up 11 earned runs on 14 hits and was optioned to Reno on March 18.
Skaggs, ranked the No. 1 prospect in the organization by Baseball America, made six starts in 2012 with the D-backs, going 1-2 with a 5.83 ERA and 21 strikeouts.
He also started nine games for the Aces last season, going 4-2 with a 2.91 ERA.
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.