Adam Eaton, Cody Ross among injured looking to join D-backs soon
Manager Kirk Gibson started his media availability Tuesday with a question about center fielder Adam Eaton's progress. Eaton is out with a sprained left elbow but started hitting again on April 4.
"He's hitting on the field and he might be hitting in a regular group," Gibson said. "I think around the 18th or 19th (of April) is one month and it's kind of when we'll redo those tests we were talking about. We'll start to get him in some live stuff and if everything is good around then, we'll start working on his arm a little bit."
Next up on Gibson's list of injured players was outfielder Cody Ross. The veteran has been absent from D-backs' lineup since suffering a strained calf injury on March 3.
"I talked to Cody and he's probably going to play a couple games in Reno Friday and Saturday, nine innings hopefully," said Gibson. "He'll play nine innings (Wednesday) probably in Visalia. Come home for a day, fly to Reno."
Gibby said he hopes Ross can get back with the team sooner rather than later when asked about him coming on the team's upcoming road trip.
"He could (join the team in New York)," said Gibson. "We're assuming that everything will go good. He hasn't really run too much because he hasn't gotten a hit yet, so. "
Starting pitcher Daniel Hudson started the season on the 60-day DL after having Tommy John surgery last season. Gibson said he hasn't had any setbacks through this point in the rehab process.
"Huddy threw today in a bullpen that was really good," said Gibson. "He's got another bullpen on Friday. He's going to throw live BP next Tuesday. He's throwing the ball really well."
Last but not least, there's shortstop Didi Gregorius and infielder Willie Bloomquist. Gregorius is with Triple-A Reno as he rehabs from an elbow strain, and Bloomquist is still getting treatment every day for his right oblique.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.