Updated Apr 12, 2013 - 11:15 pm
Cody Ross looks good at the plate in rehab assignment with Reno Aces
While the Aces dropped their 2013 home opener 16-8 to the Sacramento River Cats, outfielder Cody Ross went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in his first rehabilitation assignment with the Triple-A squad. He also played seven innings in right field.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, suffered a left calf sprain early in spring training and began the season on the 15-day disabled list.
Before joining the Aces Friday night, the veteran outfielder spent six games with Single-A Visalia. GM Kevin Towers told Arizona Sports 620 earlier in the week that the plan was to have Ross play a few games in Reno before joining the D-backs Sunday.
Ross hit .267 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI for the Boston Red Sox in 2012.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.