Updated Apr 12, 2013 - 11:15 pm
Cody Ross looks good at the plate in rehab assignment with Reno Aces
While the Aces dropped their 2013 home opener 16-8 to the Sacramento River Cats, outfielder Cody Ross went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in his first rehabilitation assignment with the Triple-A squad. He also played seven innings in right field.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, suffered a left calf sprain early in spring training and began the season on the 15-day disabled list.
Before joining the Aces Friday night, the veteran outfielder spent six games with Single-A Visalia. GM Kevin Towers told Arizona Sports 620 earlier in the week that the plan was to have Ross play a few games in Reno before joining the D-backs Sunday.
Ross hit .267 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI for the Boston Red Sox in 2012.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.