Updated Apr 13, 2013 - 4:15 pm
D-backs activate Cody Ross, place Jason Kubel on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have activated outfielder Cody Ross from the disabled list and placed outfielder Jason Kubel on the DL prior to Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kubel, who missed Friday's opener against the Dodgers, had an MRI on Saturday afternoon and manager Kirk Gibson opted to place his outfielder on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps.
The 30-year-old is hitting .333 with two home runs and six RBI in eight games for the D-backs this season.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, will see his first action with the team after suffering a left calf sprain early in spring training.
He went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in one rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He had played six games with Single-A Visalia before joining the Aces.
In seven rehab games, the 32-year-old veteran outfielder went 4-for-19 with a .211 average.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.