Updated Apr 13, 2013 - 4:15 pm
D-backs activate Cody Ross, place Jason Kubel on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have activated outfielder Cody Ross from the disabled list and placed outfielder Jason Kubel on the DL prior to Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kubel, who missed Friday's opener against the Dodgers, had an MRI on Saturday afternoon and manager Kirk Gibson opted to place his outfielder on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps.
The 30-year-old is hitting .333 with two home runs and six RBI in eight games for the D-backs this season.
Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the D-backs back in December, will see his first action with the team after suffering a left calf sprain early in spring training.
He went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI in one rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He had played six games with Single-A Visalia before joining the Aces.
In seven rehab games, the 32-year-old veteran outfielder went 4-for-19 with a .211 average.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.