Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 4:16 pm
D-backs up seven spots in ESPN Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks lost two of three to the Pittsburgh Pirates before taking two of three from the Los Angeles Dodgers to move up to eighth in this week's poll.
With a record of 8-4, Arizona ranks behind only Atlanta (first), Washington (third), San Francisco (fourth) and St. Louis (fifth) among National League teams.
Says David Schoenfeld of ESPN's Sweet Spot Blog:
The D-backs begin a nine-game road trip on Tuesday against the Yankees, Rockies and Giants. Second-year lefties Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin are a combined 4-0 in four starts.
That nine-game bi-coastal road trip will be followed by a seven-game homestand against division foes Colorado and San Francisco to close out the opening month of the season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.