Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 1:20 pm
Didi Gregorius has impressive D-backs debut
Didi Gregorius hit a home run in his first at bat off of Yankees starter Phil Hughes, and then doubled in his second at bat against the hurler. It was his first big league homer.
Gregorius, who finished 2-for-5 on the night, also played stellar defense as the Diamondbacks earned a 6-2 win in extra innings.
"It's every kid's dream to be able to play in this stadium," Gregorius told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. "I got a chance and I hit a home run, too. It was really exciting for me."
This was not Gregorius' Major League debut, as that came with the Cincinnati Reds last season. But as far as first impressions with a new team can go, it would have been tough for the 23-year-old to do any better.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.