Amazon.com's most well-read city: Alexandria, Va.
NEW YORK (AP) - Alexandria, Va., and Knoxville, Tenn., are cities for readers, if not always the kinds of books your parents wanted you to read.
Alexandria and Knoxville ranked No. 1 and No. 2 on Amazon.com's annual list of U.S. cities buying the most books, newspapers and magazines per capita from the online retailer.
E L James' erotic "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy was a big hit in both places, especially in Knoxville, which advanced from No. 12 last year.
The list released Wednesday includes cities with populations of 100,000 or more. Alexandria, located just outside Washington, D.C., also topped the list last year.
Miami was No. 3. Next on the list were Cambridge, Mass.; Orlando, Fla.; Ann Arbor, Mich.; Berkeley, Calif.; Cincinnati; Columbia, S.C.; and Pittsburgh.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.