Glenn Close's sister writing about mental illness
NEW YORK (AP) - The youngest sister of actress Glenn Close is working on a memoir about her struggles with mental illness.
Grand Central Publishing announced Friday that Jessie Close's "Resilience" is scheduled for release in January 2015. The book will be co-written by Pete Earley, author of the 2006 book "Crazy," about his son's struggles.
Glenn Close will contribute three "vignettes" about her sister and an epilogue. She also will narrate the audio edition. Jessie and Glenn Close are two of four siblings.
Jessie Close has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and has made public appearances with her sister to discuss mental illness. Glenn Close is the co-founder of Bring Change 2 Mind, a nonprofit organization with a mission to "eradicate the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.