Glenn Close's sister writing about mental illness
NEW YORK (AP) - The youngest sister of actress Glenn Close is working on a memoir about her struggles with mental illness.
Grand Central Publishing announced Friday that Jessie Close's "Resilience" is scheduled for release in January 2015. The book will be co-written by Pete Earley, author of the 2006 book "Crazy," about his son's struggles.
Glenn Close will contribute three "vignettes" about her sister and an epilogue. She also will narrate the audio edition. Jessie and Glenn Close are two of four siblings.
Jessie Close has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and has made public appearances with her sister to discuss mental illness. Glenn Close is the co-founder of Bring Change 2 Mind, a nonprofit organization with a mission to "eradicate the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.