Glenn Close's sister writing about mental illness
NEW YORK (AP) - The youngest sister of actress Glenn Close is working on a memoir about her struggles with mental illness.
Grand Central Publishing announced Friday that Jessie Close's "Resilience" is scheduled for release in January 2015. The book will be co-written by Pete Earley, author of the 2006 book "Crazy," about his son's struggles.
Glenn Close will contribute three "vignettes" about her sister and an epilogue. She also will narrate the audio edition. Jessie and Glenn Close are two of four siblings.
Jessie Close has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and has made public appearances with her sister to discuss mental illness. Glenn Close is the co-founder of Bring Change 2 Mind, a nonprofit organization with a mission to "eradicate the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.