D-backs place SS Didi Gregorius on DL, activate OF Jason Kubel
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed shortstop Didi Gregorius on the 7-day disabled list with a mild concussion, retroactive to April 27. In a corresponding roster move, the D-backs activated outfielder Jason Kubel from the 15-day DL prior to Sunday's game against the Colorado Rockies.
Gregorius got hit in the head with a 93 MPH fastball thrown by Josh Outman in the seventh inning of the D-backs' 6-3 loss on Friday night. The 23-year-old had tests run Sunday morning and the team opted to disable him.
The D-backs' shortstop has hit .407 with two home runs and two RBI in 27 at-bats this season.
Kubel was put on the disabled list with a strained left quad on April 13, after suffering the injury on April 5 against the Brewers in Milwaukee.
The veteran outfielder hit .333 with two home runs and six RBI in 30 at-bats this season. Kubel went 3-for-4 with a home run in an extended spring training game on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was set to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the D-backs opted instead to reinstate Kubel early.
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.