D-backs place SS Didi Gregorius on DL, activate OF Jason Kubel
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed shortstop Didi Gregorius on the 7-day disabled list with a mild concussion, retroactive to April 27. In a corresponding roster move, the D-backs activated outfielder Jason Kubel from the 15-day DL prior to Sunday's game against the Colorado Rockies.
Gregorius got hit in the head with a 93 MPH fastball thrown by Josh Outman in the seventh inning of the D-backs' 6-3 loss on Friday night. The 23-year-old had tests run Sunday morning and the team opted to disable him.
The D-backs' shortstop has hit .407 with two home runs and two RBI in 27 at-bats this season.
Kubel was put on the disabled list with a strained left quad on April 13, after suffering the injury on April 5 against the Brewers in Milwaukee.
The veteran outfielder hit .333 with two home runs and six RBI in 30 at-bats this season. Kubel went 3-for-4 with a home run in an extended spring training game on Saturday.
The 30-year-old was set to play in rehab games on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno, but the D-backs opted instead to reinstate Kubel early.
- Opening Series uniform patch revealed for Diamondbacks, Dodgers games in Australia
- D-backs' Chris Owings likely to don Sedona red on his first trip abroad
- D-backs' Archie Bradley struggles in third Cactus League start
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall: Archie Bradley will be up at some point 'very soon'
- The Pulse: Archie Bradley is ready for the big leagues
- Henry Blanco, Diamondbacks catcher - Thursday March 13Henry Blanco talks about his efforts to make the Diamondbacks roster.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Thursday March 13Archie Bradley reacts to his first rocky start of spring training.
- Tom Verducci, Sports Illustrated MLB writer - Thursday March 13Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated previews the 2014 Diamondbacks season.
- Chris Owings, Diamondbacks shortstop - Thursday March 13Chris Owings talks about the position battle at shortstop between himself and Didi Gregorius.
- J.J. Putz, Diamondbacks relief pitcher - Thursday March 13Diamondbacks reliever J.J. Putz discusses the team's upcoming trip to Australia.
- Kevin Towers, Diamondbacks GM - Thursday March 13Kevin Towers discusses the battle at shortstop.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 13When will we see Archie Bradley in the big leagues?