'Mockingbird' NY suit against 2 defendants settled
NEW YORK (AP) - "To Kill a Mockingbird" author Harper Lee has settled a New York lawsuit against two of the defendants she sued in May to re-secure the copyright to her Pulitzer Prize-winning novel.
A court filing Friday in federal court in Manhattan says Lee's lawsuit against defendants Leigh Ann Winick and Gerald Posner has been dismissed. A lawyer for the two said a settlement with the remaining defendants is likely to be reached next week.
Attorney Vincent Carissimi wouldn't disclose the terms of the settlement. A lawyer for Lee did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
The 87-year-old author sued her former literary agent's son-in-law, Samuel Pinkus; companies he allegedly created; and alleged associates of his. She claimed they had failed to protect the book's copyright.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.