Updated May 10, 2013 - 7:37 am
Kate Upton goes 'Vogue,' covering its June issue
NEW YORK (AP) - Kate Upton has gone from a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model to the front page of Vouge.
Upton tells Vogue that runway modeling is "not what I set out to do" and that she wants to front a major fashion campaign and maybe even launch her own lingerie line.
She also says she would like to continue acting. Upton has appeared in "The Three Stooges" and "Tower Heist." She's also got a part in an upcoming film, "The Other Woman," starring Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann.
Of her various goals she says, "I'm American- more is more!"
This week, Upton attended the annual Met Ball in New York, which is hosted by Vogue.
The Vogue June issue goes on sale May 21.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.