Updated May 10, 2013 - 7:37 am
Kate Upton goes 'Vogue,' covering its June issue
NEW YORK (AP) - Kate Upton has gone from a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model to the front page of Vouge.
Upton tells Vogue that runway modeling is "not what I set out to do" and that she wants to front a major fashion campaign and maybe even launch her own lingerie line.
She also says she would like to continue acting. Upton has appeared in "The Three Stooges" and "Tower Heist." She's also got a part in an upcoming film, "The Other Woman," starring Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann.
Of her various goals she says, "I'm American- more is more!"
This week, Upton attended the annual Met Ball in New York, which is hosted by Vogue.
The Vogue June issue goes on sale May 21.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.