Ex-Utah Gov. Huntsman hosting weekly radio show
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Former Republican Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, a 2012 presidential candidate, will host a new weekly radio talk show on SiriusXM satellite radio aimed at promoting bipartisan politics.
Huntsman helped launch a similar program in May, but that show was monthly and Huntsman only served as an occasional host.
SiriusXM says in a statement the company felt the monthly show was a success and decided to expand it to a weekly program with Huntsman.
The new venture, an hour-long program called "No Labels Radio With Jon Huntsman," will air on Saturdays, starting Oct. 26.
Huntsman is a co-chair of a group of 87 members of Congress called No Labels, which calls for an end to dysfunctional politics and more problem-solving in Washington, D.C.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?