Updated May 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Patrick Corbin joins other D-backs aces with great start
Through eight starts, the lefty has yet to lose a game.
Through eight starts, the number five starter has yet to allow more than two runs in any single performance.
Through eight starts, Corbin has thrown at least six innings per outing.
The 23-year-old's efforts have placed him in some elite company with regards to the team's history, as both Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb went deep into respective seasons without a loss.
But how does Corbin compare to the two former aces? Take a look at each pitcher's numbers through eight starts.
|Player||Randy Johnson (2000)*||Brandon Webb (2008)||Patrick Corbin (2013)|
|Ran Streak To||7-0||9-0||Still going|
* Johnson also started 6-0 in 2002.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.