Updated May 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Patrick Corbin joins other D-backs aces with great start
Through eight starts, the lefty has yet to lose a game.
Through eight starts, the number five starter has yet to allow more than two runs in any single performance.
Through eight starts, Corbin has thrown at least six innings per outing.
The 23-year-old's efforts have placed him in some elite company with regards to the team's history, as both Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb went deep into respective seasons without a loss.
But how does Corbin compare to the two former aces? Take a look at each pitcher's numbers through eight starts.
|Player||Randy Johnson (2000)*||Brandon Webb (2008)||Patrick Corbin (2013)|
|Ran Streak To||7-0||9-0||Still going|
* Johnson also started 6-0 in 2002.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.