Updated May 23, 2013 - 10:07 am
D-backs OF Adam Eaton gets good news on injury front
As it turns out the soreness the 24-year-old felt is nothing to be alarmed about.
The D-backs released a statement Thursday saying Eaton met with Dr. Michael Lee, who determined there is irritation to the UCL but no structural damage. Eaton, the statement says, is expected to go through 2-3 weeks of strengthening exercises before beginning a throwing program.
Eaton was expected to be the D-backs' starting center fielder this season, but the injury suffered in spring training has put all that on hold. After hitting .259 with two home runs and five RBI last season, he was tearing up the Cactus League to the tune of a .390 average with a home run and 10 RBI.
In 31 at-bats with Triple-A Reno during a rehab assignment, Eaton hit .129 with four RBI and seven strikeouts.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.