Updated May 23, 2013 - 10:07 am
D-backs OF Adam Eaton gets good news on injury front
As it turns out the soreness the 24-year-old felt is nothing to be alarmed about.
The D-backs released a statement Thursday saying Eaton met with Dr. Michael Lee, who determined there is irritation to the UCL but no structural damage. Eaton, the statement says, is expected to go through 2-3 weeks of strengthening exercises before beginning a throwing program.
Eaton was expected to be the D-backs' starting center fielder this season, but the injury suffered in spring training has put all that on hold. After hitting .259 with two home runs and five RBI last season, he was tearing up the Cactus League to the tune of a .390 average with a home run and 10 RBI.
In 31 at-bats with Triple-A Reno during a rehab assignment, Eaton hit .129 with four RBI and seven strikeouts.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.