Updated May 23, 2013 - 10:07 am
D-backs OF Adam Eaton gets good news on injury front
As it turns out the soreness the 24-year-old felt is nothing to be alarmed about.
The D-backs released a statement Thursday saying Eaton met with Dr. Michael Lee, who determined there is irritation to the UCL but no structural damage. Eaton, the statement says, is expected to go through 2-3 weeks of strengthening exercises before beginning a throwing program.
Eaton was expected to be the D-backs' starting center fielder this season, but the injury suffered in spring training has put all that on hold. After hitting .259 with two home runs and five RBI last season, he was tearing up the Cactus League to the tune of a .390 average with a home run and 10 RBI.
In 31 at-bats with Triple-A Reno during a rehab assignment, Eaton hit .129 with four RBI and seven strikeouts.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.