Willie Bloomquist shines in first rehab start with Reno
Arizona Diamondbacks shortstop Willie Bloomquist shined in his first rehabilitation start for Triple-A Reno on Friday night.
Bloomquist, who started at second base and hit leadoff for Reno, went 2-for-4 with four RBIs and a run scored in the Aces' 8-5 win over the Tacoma Rainiers.
The 35-year-old was placed on the D-backs' 15-day disabled list on March 26 with a strained oblique injury.
Bloomquist is scheduled to play again on Saturday before resting Sunday and then playing again Monday and Tuesday.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.