Updated May 26, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Ian Kennedy suffers lacerated finger, start pushed back to Friday
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told reporters before Sunday's game that Kennedy suffered the injury while cleaning dishes. Kennedy, who is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in 2013, will start again on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
"They just wanted to be careful since we have the doubleheader and that extra player," Kennedy said. "They're pushing me back in the rotation a little bit, but it gives me a few extra days to heal naturally."
Left-hander Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 5.23 ERA) will be called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start in Game 1 of the doubleheader, while Trevor Cahill will take Kennedy's turn in the rotation Monday night.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.