Updated May 26, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Ian Kennedy suffers lacerated finger, start pushed back to Friday
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told reporters before Sunday's game that Kennedy suffered the injury while cleaning dishes. Kennedy, who is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in 2013, will start again on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
"They just wanted to be careful since we have the doubleheader and that extra player," Kennedy said. "They're pushing me back in the rotation a little bit, but it gives me a few extra days to heal naturally."
Left-hander Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 5.23 ERA) will be called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start in Game 1 of the doubleheader, while Trevor Cahill will take Kennedy's turn in the rotation Monday night.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.