Updated May 26, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Ian Kennedy suffers lacerated finger, start pushed back to Friday
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told reporters before Sunday's game that Kennedy suffered the injury while cleaning dishes. Kennedy, who is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in 2013, will start again on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
"They just wanted to be careful since we have the doubleheader and that extra player," Kennedy said. "They're pushing me back in the rotation a little bit, but it gives me a few extra days to heal naturally."
Left-hander Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 5.23 ERA) will be called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start in Game 1 of the doubleheader, while Trevor Cahill will take Kennedy's turn in the rotation Monday night.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.