Updated May 28, 2013 - 9:31 am
Archie Bradley ranked ninth-best MLB prospect by ESPN insider
Twenty-year-old Archie Bradley ranked 29th on Law's list.
What a difference two months can make.
Law released his revised list Tuesday morning and Bradley has moved up 20 spots to number nine overall.
Bradley always had ace-quality stuff, with a fastball up to 98 mph and a curveball from hell, but his control troubles last year appear to be behind him. He has walked just more than 10 percent of hitters this year after walking more than 14 percent of them last year. Diamondbacks fans should be gritty -- I mean, giddy -- over the prospect of a rotation with Bradley, Pat Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Daniel Hudson by Opening Day of 2015.
Bradley, who was drafted seventh overall by the Diamondbacks out of Broken Arrow High School in Oklahoma in 2011, has been dominant at the Minor League level this season.
In 10 starts between Class-A Visalia and Double-A Mobile, Bradley is 6-0 with a 0.99 ERA. He has struck out 73 and walked only 23 in 54.2 innings. In 39 appearances in the minors (38 starts) over three seasons, Bradley is 18-6 with a 2.99 ERA and 229 strikeouts in 192.2 innings.
On Law's list, Bradley is the second-ranked pitcher behind only Seattle prospect Taijuan Walker.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.