Updated May 28, 2013 - 9:31 am
Archie Bradley ranked ninth-best MLB prospect by ESPN insider
Twenty-year-old Archie Bradley ranked 29th on Law's list.
What a difference two months can make.
Law released his revised list Tuesday morning and Bradley has moved up 20 spots to number nine overall.
Bradley always had ace-quality stuff, with a fastball up to 98 mph and a curveball from hell, but his control troubles last year appear to be behind him. He has walked just more than 10 percent of hitters this year after walking more than 14 percent of them last year. Diamondbacks fans should be gritty -- I mean, giddy -- over the prospect of a rotation with Bradley, Pat Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Daniel Hudson by Opening Day of 2015.
Bradley, who was drafted seventh overall by the Diamondbacks out of Broken Arrow High School in Oklahoma in 2011, has been dominant at the Minor League level this season.
In 10 starts between Class-A Visalia and Double-A Mobile, Bradley is 6-0 with a 0.99 ERA. He has struck out 73 and walked only 23 in 54.2 innings. In 39 appearances in the minors (38 starts) over three seasons, Bradley is 18-6 with a 2.99 ERA and 229 strikeouts in 192.2 innings.
On Law's list, Bradley is the second-ranked pitcher behind only Seattle prospect Taijuan Walker.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.