Updated May 28, 2013 - 9:31 am
Archie Bradley ranked ninth-best MLB prospect by ESPN insider
Twenty-year-old Archie Bradley ranked 29th on Law's list.
What a difference two months can make.
Law released his revised list Tuesday morning and Bradley has moved up 20 spots to number nine overall.
Bradley always had ace-quality stuff, with a fastball up to 98 mph and a curveball from hell, but his control troubles last year appear to be behind him. He has walked just more than 10 percent of hitters this year after walking more than 14 percent of them last year. Diamondbacks fans should be gritty -- I mean, giddy -- over the prospect of a rotation with Bradley, Pat Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Daniel Hudson by Opening Day of 2015.
Bradley, who was drafted seventh overall by the Diamondbacks out of Broken Arrow High School in Oklahoma in 2011, has been dominant at the Minor League level this season.
In 10 starts between Class-A Visalia and Double-A Mobile, Bradley is 6-0 with a 0.99 ERA. He has struck out 73 and walked only 23 in 54.2 innings. In 39 appearances in the minors (38 starts) over three seasons, Bradley is 18-6 with a 2.99 ERA and 229 strikeouts in 192.2 innings.
On Law's list, Bradley is the second-ranked pitcher behind only Seattle prospect Taijuan Walker.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.