Updated May 29, 2013 - 4:46 pm
D-backs' GM Kevin Towers faces decision when Daniel Hudson returns
His general manager agrees.
"(Hudson) is probably going to go on a rehab (assignment), probably to Mobile next week some time, if he feels good tomorrow," Kevin Towers told Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday. "We'll wait and check on him again tomorrow, but if there's no hiccups and the arm feels good, he'll probably have at least a start or two in Double-A there."
Hudson threw 74 pitches against the Giants' minor leaguers Wednesday, with 54 going for strikes. He allowed four runs on seven hits while striking out three and walking one.
His gradual return to health means he's getting closer to a return to the Majors, where he hasn't pitched since last June 26. And that means Towers will face a big decision when Hudson's ready to return.
"We'll have to figure out what we do," Towers said. "At that point in time, hopefully all of our starters are throwing good and it makes it a tough decision, but it's nice to have the depth."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.