Updated May 29, 2013 - 4:46 pm
D-backs' GM Kevin Towers faces decision when Daniel Hudson returns
His general manager agrees.
"(Hudson) is probably going to go on a rehab (assignment), probably to Mobile next week some time, if he feels good tomorrow," Kevin Towers told Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday. "We'll wait and check on him again tomorrow, but if there's no hiccups and the arm feels good, he'll probably have at least a start or two in Double-A there."
Hudson threw 74 pitches against the Giants' minor leaguers Wednesday, with 54 going for strikes. He allowed four runs on seven hits while striking out three and walking one.
His gradual return to health means he's getting closer to a return to the Majors, where he hasn't pitched since last June 26. And that means Towers will face a big decision when Hudson's ready to return.
"We'll have to figure out what we do," Towers said. "At that point in time, hopefully all of our starters are throwing good and it makes it a tough decision, but it's nice to have the depth."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.