Updated May 30, 2013 - 10:10 am
D-backs, Rangers game postponed due to poor weather in Arlington
A severe thunderstorm passed over Arlington Stadium about an hour before first pitch, and after surveying the field with other officials, managers Kirk Gibson and Ron Washington deemed it unplayable and agreed at around 6:00 p.m. MST to postpone the game.
Wednesday night's postponed game will be made up at a later date.
The D-backs and Rangers will play a single game Thursday morning.
Brandon McCarthy (2-3, 4.36), who pitched for the Rangers from 2007-09, will still get the nod for the D-backs. Texas will counter with rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (4-3, 4.05).
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.