Updated May 30, 2013 - 10:10 am
D-backs, Rangers game postponed due to poor weather in Arlington
A severe thunderstorm passed over Arlington Stadium about an hour before first pitch, and after surveying the field with other officials, managers Kirk Gibson and Ron Washington deemed it unplayable and agreed at around 6:00 p.m. MST to postpone the game.
Wednesday night's postponed game will be made up at a later date.
The D-backs and Rangers will play a single game Thursday morning.
Brandon McCarthy (2-3, 4.36), who pitched for the Rangers from 2007-09, will still get the nod for the D-backs. Texas will counter with rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (4-3, 4.05).
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.