Updated May 30, 2013 - 10:10 am
D-backs, Rangers game postponed due to poor weather in Arlington
A severe thunderstorm passed over Arlington Stadium about an hour before first pitch, and after surveying the field with other officials, managers Kirk Gibson and Ron Washington deemed it unplayable and agreed at around 6:00 p.m. MST to postpone the game.
Wednesday night's postponed game will be made up at a later date.
The D-backs and Rangers will play a single game Thursday morning.
Brandon McCarthy (2-3, 4.36), who pitched for the Rangers from 2007-09, will still get the nod for the D-backs. Texas will counter with rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (4-3, 4.05).
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.