Updated May 31, 2013 - 8:14 am
D-backs activate Willie Bloomquist, place Eric Chavez on DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated infielder Willie Bloomquist and placed infielder Eric Chavez on the 15-day disabled list prior to their weekend series against the Chicago Cubs.
Bloomquist has yet to play in a game this season after straining his right intercostal in spring training. In four rehab games with the Reno Aces he went 7-for-15 with four runs scored and eight RBI.
The veteran Chavez suffered a strained right oblique in the first inning against the Texas Rangers on Thursday. After fouling off a pitch Chavez took his bat and walked slowly to the Arizona dugout and into the clubhouse.
Through 38 games he hit .325 with seven home runs, seven doubles and 25 RBI.
Chavez is in his first year with the team.
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.