Updated Jun 1, 2013 - 1:20 pm
D-backs place Brandon McCarthy on DL, recall Randall Delgado
The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed right-hander Brandon McCarthy on the disabled list and recalled right-hander Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno on Saturday.
Source: McCarthy to DL for #Diamondbacks. Delgado to take his place on roster.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 1, 2013
Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin confirmed the D-backs' right-hander is suffering from inflammation in his right shoulder.
Official: Dbacks recalled RHP Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno & placed RHP Brandon McCarthy on 15-day DL w/ inflammation rt shoulder— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) June 1, 2013
According to MLB.com writer Steve Gilbert, the D-backs will likely turn to left-hander Tyler Skaggs to start Tuesday in St. Louis.
#Dbacks put RHP Brandon McCarthy on DL and recall RHP Randall Delgado for now. Likely will use LHP Tyler Skaggs on Tuesday in StL.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 1, 2013
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 66.2 innings of work this season. The 29-year-old signed a two-year, $15.5 million contract with the D-backs this past offseason.
Delgado has struggled in 11 starts with Triple-A Reno, posting an inflated 6.84 ERA. The D-backs acquired the 23-year-old right-hander from the Atlanta Braves as part of the Justin Upton deal this January.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.